This Hummus with Beef recipe is so easy to make and full of flavor. The combination of warm beef with the creamy Hummus and subtle spices is absolutely amazing.
Hummus is served as a cold mezze (appetizer) and you often find it on every Middle-Eastern table and restaurant menu. However you can easily transform Hummus into a rich meal when you add to spiced fried beef or even chicken.
The combination of warm spiced beef with the creamy garlicky Hummus creates an absolutely amazing taste especially if eaten with freshly baked pita bread and some green salad on the side.
I love making this dish and see my children indulge themselves in heavenly bites of homemade Hummus with juicy and tender beef pieces drizzled with pomegranate molasses and topped with roasted pine-seeds.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe: Hummus, rib-eye meat slices, salt, pepper, all spice, pomegranate molasses (or lemon juice) and toasted pine nuts.
How to Make Hummus with Beef
Cut your rib-eye steak into roughly 1 and 1/2 inch pieces. You may also buy my meat from store thinly sliced and save yourself the hassle of cutting.
In a pan on medium heat, saute the meat with a little bit of olive oil for 2 -3 minutes until it browns.
Mix the salt, all-spice and cinnamon, then season the meat well while cooking.
When the meat is cooked, add pomegranate molasses or lemon juice. Cook for 30 more seconds, then turn off the heat and serve on top of platted Hummus.
Garnish with toasted pine-nuts.
What to Have with Hummus with Beef
Hummus with Beef is great with:
Hummus with Meat is a meal on its own. You can enjoy it with some tomato and fresh flat parsley salad on the side and some nice warm pita bread.
You can also have it as a dip with pita chips, or crackers. Here are some other suggestions that compliments this dish,
- Garden Salad
- Greek Salad
- Flat Pita Bread.
- 2 cups Hummus (see my recipe if you are making from scratch)
- 1/2 lb (225g) rib-eye steak, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine-nuts, for garnishing (optional)
- Cut your thin rib-eye steak into roughly 1 and 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the meat with a little bit of olive oil for 2 - 3 minutes until it browns.
- Season with salt, all-spice, cinnamon and make sure the meat and spices are well combined. Add pomegranate molasses or lemon juice at the end. Turn off the heat and serve on top of platted Hummus.
- Garnish with toasted pine-nuts
I suggest you use my Easy Hummus recipe.