Pancakes with Mascarpone and Blueberry Sauce—Fluffy and delicious pancakes topped with Mascarpone cheese and homemade blueberry sauce, this pancake recipe is packed with flavor, takes 20 minutes to prepare and is an all time kids’ favorite.
Perfectly soft, fluffy and mouthwatering pancakes that are so easy to make and ideal for any day breakfast.
My wife likes to make pancakes for our children and this is her recipe.
We have these gorgeously golden-brown fluffy pancakes topped with a generous dollop of Mascarpone cheese and drizzled with homemade blueberry sauce.
I find this twist a nice upgrade from traditional pancakes with butter and maple syrup.
Mascarpone cheese is Italian spreadable cream cheese that has a rich and sweet taste. Made with whole cream, this fresh and indulgent cheese is ideal for both sweet and savory dishes.
Tips for Great Pancakes
Follow this quick checklist for best results when making pancakes:
- Sift and whisk all dry ingredients well.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Use a griddle or large skillet.
- Use a pancake dispenser or a measuring cup so that all pancakes come off almost the same size.
- Grease the skillet with butter or spray some cooking oil before using.
- Flip the pancake when the bubbles pop. This usually happens when the bottom side is golden and the sides have set.
Very few ingredients make these delicious pancakes: all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, whole milk, an egg, pinch of salt and vegetable oil.
How to make Pancakes with Mascarpone and Blueberry Sauce
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center. Add the milk, egg and oil; mix well until smooth.
Heat a skillet or frying pan (if you have a griddle even better) over medium heat; spray lightly with cooking oil or add a tablespoon of butter. Pour the batter using a 1/4 measuring cup for each pancake.
Brown on both sides and transfer to a serving plate.
Stack your pancakes, add a generous dollop of Mascarpone cheese and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
What to Have with Pancakes
Pancakes are great with fruits, typically berries. Many like their pancakes with maple syrup and butter, but I like to have them with some fruit preserve or homemade fruit sauce when available.
Honey is a great option to drizzle over your pancakes with some whipped cream on the side.
The options are endless!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, large
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center. Add the milk, egg and oil; mix well until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, spray lightly with cooking oil, or add a teaspoon of butter. Pour the batter using a 1/4 measuring cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and transfer to a serving plate.
- Stack your pancakes, add a generous dollop of mascarpone cheese and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram