This no–bake Peach and Cream Cheese Cake is a light and refreshing dessert. Made with whipped cream and cheese, topped with sweet peaches and syrup.
This no–bake cheese cake is the perfect dessert to end a nice meal with. It is made up of five wonderful alternating layers of whipped and creamy cheese over cashews and Graham crackers crumbs layers and topped by a sweet layer of peach slices.
The peach syrup enhances the fruity peach flavor and balances the overall sweetness of this luscious dessert.
I took rather an easy approach to put this cheesecake together avoiding any additions such as, gelatin, eggs, butter or even sugar!
I would like to call this dessert a healthy one, but it is still made with full fat whipped cream, cream cheese and graham crackers! Maybe call it a healthier version of cheesecake? I will let you decide.
Peaches are not in season now; however, there are some good canned alternatives that are perfect for this dessert. I used a jar of yellow peaches in extra light syrup.
I made the base of this dessert with crumbs of graham crackers and cashews, and I built it like a parfait with cream cheese, sliced peaches and peach syrup on top.
To make this easy and delicious peach and cream cheese cake, you will need:
For the base
– graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish
– whole unsalted cashews
For the Cream Cheese
– whipped cream (no cool whip)
– cream cheese, softened
– peach syrup or sugar
– pure vanilla extract
For the Peaches
– sliced peaches in syrup
– peach jam
How To Make Peach and Cream Cheese Cake
Preparing the crumbs layer: Place 14 graham crackers in food processor and ground for 1 minute to become crumbs. This should yield about 2 cups. After that, pulse the cashews in food processor and to graham cracker crumbs, mix well to combine.
Preparing the cream and cheese: Drain the sliced peaches and reserve the syrup.
In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment—or use electric hand mixer—beat the cream cheese with peach syrup until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and mix well with spatula until well combined. Adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding more syrup should you like.
In a small saucepan combine 3 tablespoons of peach jam with 1 tablespoon of water and cook on medium heat for few minutes. Stir continuously until the jam melts into a smooth and thick syrup
Assembling the dessert: Place 1/3 of the cream and cheese mixture in a 9 x 9 inch Pyrex glass dish, smooth up to make an even layer. Then, sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbs on top. After that, Repeat both steps until you have 3 layers of cream and crumbs.
Finally arrange the peaches to make the design of your choice. Then, sprinkle some crumbs around the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Finally, drizzle with peach syrup when ready to serve.
- 1 lb (680g) slices peaches in syrup
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup whole cashews, unsalted
- 3 cups whipped cream (no cool whip)
- 8 oz (226 gm) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons peach syrup, or more
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons peach jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- Drain the sliced peaches and reserve the syrup for later. Set aside.
- Place cashews in food processor and ground for 1 minute to become crumbs. Add to graham cracker crumbs, mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment—or use electric hand mixer—beat the cream cheese with peach syrup until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and mix well with spatula until well combined.
- Place 1/3 of the cream and cheese mixture in a 9 x 9 inch Pyrex dish, smooth up to make an even layer. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbs on top. Repeat both steps until you have 3 layers of cream and crumbs.
- Arrange the peaches to make the design of your choice and sprinkle some crumbs around the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While cake is in the fridge, place peach jam and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stir continuously until the jam melts into a smooth and thick syrup.
1- Two cups of graham crumbs are around 14 crackers. If you are using Digestive biscuits, 9 to 10 should make approximately 2 cups.
2- Make sure to use freshly prepared whipped cream. To make that, simply whisk 2 cups of heavy cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
3- Only add the peach syrup when you are ready to serve. Otherwise the dessert will get soggy and mushy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 10g