Potato Salad – this incredible potato salad is bursting with flavor. Made with fresh herbs, bell peppers and dressed with lemon, mustard and olive oil. It is so fresh and super easy to make.
This easy to make, no-mayonnaise, Potato Salad is loaded with goodness, super healthy and extremely delicious. It is different from your traditional potato salad because it has no mayonnaise and made with only fresh ingredients.
I like easy dishes that take little of my time and can be served warm or cold. This Salad is perfect as a dish on its own or as a side. Not to forget it is completely vegan too!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this dish:
- Baby potatoes (also known as new potatoes)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Fresh herbs, I used tarragon, chives and parsley, but you can use any herb you like.
- Red bell pepper
- Whole-grain Dijon Mustard (or English Mustard)
- Salt and pepper
how to make potato salad
Place your potatoes in a pot filled with boiling water to help them cook faster and preserve their flavor and nutrients. Let cook for about 15 minutes. You can tell when they are cooked when you can fish one potato and just squash it with your fingers.
You do not need to peel the potatoes. Baby potatoes can be eaten with skin on. Just make sure you wash them well before boiling.
Once cooked, drain the potatoes and cut them into halves. Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper.
Add the zest and juice of one lemon. Adding the ingredients on the potatoes while hot will allow them to absorb all the flavors. Give the potatoes a little toss and start adding your choice of flavors and toppings.
For this dish, I added a combination of chopped fresh herbs such as, chives, parsley and tarragon. You can add any kind of fresh or dried herbs of choice. I find that chives in particular adds a nice and delicate flavor to the potatoes.
Since this is a no-mayonnaise salad, I added a bit of whole grain Dijon mustard for another layer of flavor. This is totally optional though.
Lastly, add some finely chopped red bell pepper for crunchiness.
You may wish to try my other vegan salad dishes:
- 1 lb Baby potatoes (new potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon Mustard (or English Mustard)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water and let cook for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from water, drain, cut in half and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add olive oil, zest and juice of 1 lemon, all your fresh chopped herbs, chopped pepper and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Adding Dijon mustard is completely optional; it does add a very nice flavor to the salad though.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g