Date Brownies – the best gluten-free, dairy-free brownies ever, made with dates, coconut oil and almond flour. These brownies are fudgy, delicious and super easy to make.
Ever wondered how to make brownies with no added sugar, flour, milk and butter? Well, here you have it. Those guilt free brownies are made completely from scratch using all organic ingredients. I used organic Medjool dates, organic cocoa powder, organic almond flour and organic virgin coconut oil. I also added a handful of dark chocolate chips, but you can skip that step or add any type of nuts or even dried fruits.
Sometimes substituting butter and flour with plant-based alternative ingredients could compromise the flavor. This is not the case with these brownies!
Despite the fact that they are gluten-free, dairy-free and have no added sugar, they actually taste better than regular brownies.
Once baked, they come out with a nice texture, very soft center and outrageously chocolatey taste.
For me, making brownies is a satisfying experience because I love chocolate based desserts, especially those that take little of my time.
These brownies are very easy to make since they literary take 5 minutes to put together. They are the kind of no-kitchen mess type of dessert because everything goes in the food-processor to prepare them.
To make these delicious date brownies, you will need the following ingredients:
Almond Flour and Gluten Free Flour
Pure Vanilla Extract
Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
I used all organic ingredients from Whole Foods, but you can easily find them at any local store.
how to make date brownies
Start by soaking your pitted dates in hot water for about 10 minutes until they are soft. About 12 oz (340gm).
In a food processor, blend the dates (with a little bit of the soaking water) until they form a paste. Add four eggs, two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of melted, room temperature virgin coconut oil.
Next, start by adding your dry ingredients. You will need 1/2 cup of almond flour and 1/2 cup of plain gluten-free flour. Blend for few seconds and then add 1/4 cup of dark, unsweetened cocoa powder, a teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend all together for a minute until all ingredients are mixed well.
Pour your batter in a 9×9 inch (23×23 cm) square baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle chocolate morsels on top and bake at 350F (180C) for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool before cutting and serving.
- 12 oz (340 gm) Pitted Medjool dates
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate morsels, or more
- Cover your pitted dates in hot water and let soak for about 10 minute until soft.
- Remove from water (do not discard) and place in food processor. Blend with 1/4 cup of soaking water until dates form a smooth paste.
- Add eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix for 30 seconds
- Add dry ingredients: almond flour, gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix for 1 minute to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour your batter in a 9x9 inch (23x23 cm) square baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle chocolate morsels on top and bake at 350F (180C) for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g