Banana Chocolate Bread—best homemade banana bread recipe ever. The cake is moist and delicious and loaded with dark chocolate chunks.
I love bananas, especially the organic ones. They have a special flavor, and I often buy them in large amounts because I know in my kitchen they never go to waste. When they ripen, they become part of a great dessert.
Moreover, what is easier than whipping up a quick, delicious bread when you are in the mood for some homemade treat, and you do not want to spend much time preparing it!
Put all of your ingredients together in a bowl over the mashed bananas, give them a mix and pop them in the oven for the magic to happen.
This bread is deliciously moist, sweet, loaded with bananas and dark chocolate chunks!
Banana Bread is one of my favorite baking recipes for breakfast, afternoon tea or as a late night snack. And it literally takes no time to make, with very little ingredients.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this easy and delicious recipe!
The wet ingredients you need are mashed bananas, vegetable oil, eggs, pure vanilla extract and milk.
On the other hand, the dry ingredients are all–purpose flour, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
I like to add chunks of dark chocolate which you can easily substitute with milk or semi–sweet chocolate of your preference.
Try out my other similar recipes:
How to Make Banana Chocolate Bread
Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a loaf pan with oil and set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas with oil, eggs and sugar. Add the milk and pure vanilla extract. Mix using a fork until smooth.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until just combined.
Fold in dark chocolate chunks, pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 50–55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn over on cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
Slice the banana bread to the desired size and serve with a nice warm cup of coffee or tea.
- 4 mashed bananas, ripe
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all–purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a loaf pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas with oil, eggs and sugar. Add the milk and vanilla. Mix with a fork until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan and bake for 50–55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn over on cooling rack and leave to cool completely. Slice to desired size and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram