Chicken and Hummus Wrap—made with tender and juicy grilled chicken kebab and homemade hummus in a wholegrain tortilla. The best chicken wrap ever!
Juicy and tender grilled chicken kebab recipe ideal for wraps, salads or enjoyed as is.
Marinate your chicken in lemon juice, fresh garlic, cumin and grilled to perfection.
Then, wrap it in a wholegrain flour tortilla with homemade hummus, fresh baby arugula leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
This is the perfect chicken and hummus wrap to have for lunch or dinner on any day.
Chicken wraps are very popular in the Middle East, and they come in many variations. Shish Tawook is the most famous one. This wrap is easy and equally tasty that I am sure you will love it.
how to grill chicken on skewers
First, I marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to tenderize it as it soaks in lemon, garlic, cumin and olive oil. I then thread 4 to 5 pieces on a skewer and grill over stove top griddle for 5 minutes on each side.
Tips for grilled chicken kebab:
Follow these helpful tips to get the best grilled chicken kebab results every time.
1- Soak your bamboo skewers in water for at least an hour before you use them. This will guaranty they will not burn on the grill.
2- Use fresh chicken, skinless and boneless (breast or thigh meat).
3- Cut the chicken to same size pieces so they cook evenly.
4- Marinate your chicken for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
5- Grill on high heat first to get that beautiful char on the edges and then reduce heat to medium until chicken is completely cooked.
6 – Do not overcook the chicken; otherwise, it will turn out dry.
This easy and healthy grilled chicken kebab recipe calls for a handful of whole and fresh ingredients.
You will need, chicken breast, zest and juice of a lemon, cumin, olive oil and some seasoning. You will also need hummus, arugula leaves and tortilla wraps.
Check the recipe card below for step by step instructions on how to make this wrap.
Other chicken recipes you might like
what to have grilled chicken with
This grilled chicken wrap goes great with many sides and salads that complement the flavors and are healthy at the same time.
For the chicken kebab
- 1 1/2lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, (680g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup homemade hummus
- 1/2 cup baby arugula leaves
- Cut the chicken to cubes and place in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a ridged griddle pan and brush it with some olive oil. Thread the chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers, add to pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and allow to rest.
- Throw the tortillas on the pan and warm on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers. Divide hummus, arugula leaves and chicken among tortillas. Squeeze more lemon juice, wrap and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 43g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram