Garlic Honey Chicken—this easy chicken recipe that takes only 30 minutes to prepare. The chicken is tender and juicy and full of garlic, honey, mustard and rosemary flavors.
This is probably one of the easiest dishes you can prepare.
I like to make this chicken recipe for my family because it is delicious, healthy and there is not much preparation required.
The chicken turns out so moist and juicy that you will mark this recipe as one of your favorites.
We cook a lot of chicken dishes at home since my kids do not eat much red meat, so there is always some grilled breast of chicken in the fridge or fresh ones ready to be grilled.
I try to be as creative as possible when cooking the chicken: spicy, tangy, sweet or sour. We often season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill it for a few minutes with some olive oil.
Then we choose a suitable sauces to pair it with depending on how we are serving it.
I use organic, free range, fresh chicken in all my recipes. And I always make sure the chicken is antibiotic and hormone free and preferably pasture raised.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe: boneless chicken breasts, lots of garlic, spices, rosemary, olive oil, chicken broth, honey, mustard and seasoning.
How to Cook Garlic Honey Chicken
Start by cutting each chicken breast horizontally to make two even pieces. Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and coat them well.
In a pan on medium heat, cook the chicken pieces with the garlic cloves for 5 – 6 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Set aside in a warm plate.
In the same pan, add the other tablespoon of olive oil and saute the minced garlic for 1 – 2 minutes (we do not want them to burn).
Add the chicken stock, honey and mustard and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Return the chicken pieces to the pan, add fresh rosemary and leave them to simmer all together on low heat for another 10 minutes. Do not over cook so that the chicken remains tender and juicy.
Remove from pan and serve with your choice of side dish.
What You Can Have with Garlic Honey Chicken
Garlic-Honey Chicken is great with:
- Steamed White or Brown Rice
- Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic-Butter Potatoes
- Garden Salad
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Spinach Salad
- Garlic-Butter Mushrooms
- 1.5 lb (700g) chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally to make two even pieces. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the chicken with the garlic cloves for 5 - 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken pieces are golden brown.
- Remove from pan, add the other tablespoon of oil and saute the minced garlic. Add chicken stock, honey and mustard and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens; add the chicken and fresh rosemary and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes on the side.
Halfway through simmering, the chicken pieces should be checked to make sure they do not over cook.
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram