One–pan Chicken and Vegetable — moist and juicy chicken with winter root vegetables, baked to perfection in a balsamic olive oil and herb sauce.
A quick and easy one–pan chicken and vegetable recipe for your busy weeknights. You can prepare it in 10 minutes and let the oven do the rest of the cooking for you.
The holiday season is over, and we are back to our busy weekly routines. Everyone is looking for easy and quick dinner recipes, and this one can be a great option.
This one–pan chicken and vegetable recipe is so easy to make and loaded with goodness and flavors.
I marinate skinless, boneless chicken breasts and a bunch of chunky winter root vegetables in a balsamic olive oil and herb sauce and bake them all at the same time in one pan. The outcome is moist and juicy chicken that is cooked to perfection. The vegetables are tender, sweet and savory—all in one delicious bite.
I think the best and easiest way for cooking healthy meals or, as a matter of fact, any kind of meal is by using the oven. Cooking in the oven is rather practical and almost mess–free.
I like baking a lot, and I also like recipes that involve using the oven. Luckily, there is no shortage of oven baked or roasted food recipes.
how to make balsamic olive oil and herb sauce
To make this fresh and healthy sauce you will need crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, fresh thyme and rosemary. You will also need garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Mix all ingredients together and coat your chicken and vegetables with them.
This sauce is great also with fish and all kinds of meats.
This easy recipe calls for the following ingredients: boneless, skinless chicken breast, a variety of winter root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, pearl onions and green squash.
You will also need balsamic olive oil and herb sauce.
Check the recipe card below for details.
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 2 large carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 green squash, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cut to pieces
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 small pearl onions
For the sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Pat dry the chicken breast with kitchen paper towel and arrange in one layer in a medium baking pan along with all the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed garlic with vinegar, olive oil and all the spices and herbs. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables and cover on all sides.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 647Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 9gSugar: 16gProtein: 43g