Lemongrass Honey Chicken—pan fried zesty, tender and juicy chicken with homemade lemongrass and honey sauce. This chicken recipe is packed with flavor and very easy to make.
I made this recipe over the weekend as I was looking for new and fresh ingredients to cook my chicken with. Thus, the result was a mouthwatering, zesty and delicious chicken that took only 30 minutes from start to finish!
Consequently, this has become one of my favorite chicken recipes because of its simple and fresh ingredients; moreover, it is full of flavor.
how to make lemongrass honey chicken
This recipe could not be any easier as all you need is few simple and fresh ingredients to make it.
- Chicken breast
- Lemon juice and zest
- Chili flakes
- Honey and olive oil
Lemongrass is the star if this recipe because it adds a lemony flavor to the chicken and compliments the rest of the ingredients really well.
You can use lemongrass in marinades, stir-fries, salads and many more. Make sure to trim the top and base of the stalks and then peel off any dry outer layers before chopping or grating.
To make this recipe, first prepare the sauce by grating the ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Mix that together with lemon juice, honey, chili flakes and olive oil. Then, pan fry some skinless, boneless breasts of chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sauce to the chicken and let them cook for a couple of minutes before serving.
It is literary as easy as it sounds!
You can control the heat and sweetness of this recipe to your liking by adding more honey or chili flakes.
Check the recipe card below for full step by step details.
- 1 lemongrass, white part only
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the lemon grass (white part only) and ginger. Mince your garlic and zest the lemon. Using a cup or small jar, mix them together with lemon juice, honey, chili flakes and olive oil. Set aside.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and pan fry in skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Let the chicken cook for 7 minutes on each side.
- Pour the lemongrass and honey sauce over the chicken and let them coo for 2 more minutes. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram