Chicken Vegetable Curry—this Chicken Vegetable recipe made with carrots, peas and aromatic spices, is so easy to make and ideal for family dinners.
A colorful and warm fall dish rich in flavor and aromatic Indian curry spices. It is so easy to make and ideal for family dinners and gatherings.
Indian cuisine varies per region and influenced by ethnicity, climate and culture. It is rich in flavor and has endless varieties. I like to make all kinds of curries especially in fall when everyone is craving a satisfying, mouthwatering and warm meal.
This Curry calls for simple ingredients yet a combination of great flavors that will be to your liking.
To make this delicious curry you will need vegetable oil, a red onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cayenne pepper, one bay leaf a boneless chicken breast, tomato paste, carrots, chicken stock (vegetable stock or water works too), salt, coconut milk and frozen peas.
How to Make Chicken Vegetable Curry
In a large pan, heat up oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the ginger, garlic, carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
Add your chicken slices and season with salt, cayenne and curry powder. Cook for 5 more minutes then add the tomato paste and stir well.
Pour in the chicken stock, add a bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the coconut milk and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Chicken Vegetable Curry
I recommend having this great curry dish with plain white rice or naan bread.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (around 4)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (vegetable stock or water works too)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large pan, heat up oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, carrots and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add chicken and season with salt, cayenne and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes and then add tomato paste. Stir well.
- Pour in chicken stock, add bay leaf and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and turn off heat.
- Serve immediately.
You can make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs meat as well.
If you wish your sauce to be thick add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream with the coconut milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g