A colorful and warm fall dish rich in flavor and the beautiful aroma of spices, this Chicken Vegetable Curry recipe is so easy to make and ideal for family dinners.
This is an incredibly flavorful dish made with aromatic Indian curry spices. It is very easy to make, and it it is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and give you a feeling of warmth in the beautiful fall weather.
I like to make all kinds of curries especially in fall when everyone is craving a satisfying, mouthwatering, warm meal.
This Chicken Vegetable Curry has simple ingredients yet a combination of great flavors that will be to your liking. Have it with rice or with naan bread for a wholesome meal.
To make this delicious Chicken Vegetable Curry you will need vegetable oil, a red onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cayenne pepper, one bay leaf a boneless chicken breast, tomato paste, carrots, chicken stock (vegetable stock or water works too), salt, coconut milk and frozen peas.
How to Make Chicken Vegetable Curry
In a large pan, heat up oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
Add your chicken slices and season with salt, cayenne and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes, add the tomato paste and stir well.
Pour in chicken stock, Add bay leaf and bring to a boil, lower heat, and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add coconut milk and turn off heat. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Chicken Vegetable Curry
I recommend that you have your curry with plain white rice or naan bread.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (around 4)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (vegetable stock or water works too)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large pan, heat up oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, carrots and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add chicken and season with salt, cayenne and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes and then add tomato paste. Stir well.
- Pour in chicken stock, add bay leaf and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and turn off heat.
- Serve immediately.
You can make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs meat as well.
If you wish your sauce to be thick add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream with the coconut milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g