Fresh Mango Salsa—A Sweet and tangy salsa recipe that is very easy to make and extremely delicious. Have it as a side dish with fish, tacos or as a salad.
This is a really quick and simple salsa that can be prepared in 15 minutes and goes great with many dishes.
One of the things I love about living in Southern California is the abundance of fresh organic produce all year long. Mangoes, in addition to many other fruits and vegetables, are always at your disposal in great recipes.
You find excellent quality sweet mangoes in farmers’ markets and supermarkets in general; also, you can find your pick of good quality imported mangoes in stores.
My family and I love mangoes, and I often incorporate them in many recipes like salads, smoothies and homemade sorbets.
We have a mango tree at home and every year the kids anxiously wait for the fruit to ripen and chase to pick them. This year the tree was generous and gave us 12 mangoes in total. Pure bliss!
This delicious Fresh Mango Salsa requires a few ingredients: fresh mangoes, red bell pepper, red onions, fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fresh Mangoes: Sweet and ripe, Honey Mangoes are my choice.
- Red Bell Pepper: It gives extra crunch and sweetness.
- Red Onions: I find they work better with this recipe than white onions.
- Fresh Cilantro: It complements the flavors and adds extra freshness.
- Fresh Lime Juice: You can substitute it with lemon juice if you like.
How to Prepare the Mango Salsa
Peel and slice the mangoes then cut them into half inch sized cubes. Cut the bell pepper and onion into matching size pieces.
In a serving bowl, combine mangoes, bell pepper, onions and cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir gently and serve.
If you like to have your salsa with a nice spicy kick, add some fresh chopped jalapeno or red chili.
What to Have Fresh Mango Salsa With
This Fresh Mango Salsa is great on its own, and it makes a healthy and delicious vegetarian dish. You can also have it with some chips on the side.
Here is another Mango Salsa variation for you try. I added ginger and chili to this recipe and I find it great with chips as a dip and meets too.
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime (4 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine mangoes, bell pepper, onion and cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 7gSugar: 51gProtein: 4g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram