Baked Salmon with Lemon and Asparagus—6 ingredient Salmon with Lemon and Asparagus baked in foil with garlic, soy sauce and olive oil. This moist and juicy fish recipe is ideal for busy weeknights and takes 20 minutes to be ready.
I like baked salmon especially when cooked in foil. The fish retains its flavor and stays moist and juicy, not to mention a mess-free method to cook it with minimum preparation.
Get the best salmon fillets you can find—fresh ones are always better. We make salmon at least once a week in our household and the kids love it for its flaky, juicy texture. I couple it with few greens on the side and have a nutrients packed, 5-star meal in no time.
Salmon goes well with all kinds of green vegetables like broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
This is an easy 6-ingredient recipe made with salmon fillets, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and some seasoning.
How to Cook Baked Salmon with Lemon and Asparagus
Start by preheating the oven to 400F (200C).
Pat dry salmon with kitchen paper towel and transfer to a large sheet of aluminum foil. Place asparagus next to fish and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and olive oil. Add marinade to the salmon and asparagus. Coat well and place a lemon wedge on top, fold and wrap the foil tightly and bake for 15 – 20 minutes
Unwrap the salmon and asparagus and garnish with chopped parsley (or any herb of your preference). Serve immediately with a side of greens or steamed white rice.
Salmon turns pink when cooked for about 7 – 8 minutes. You can use a fork to poke it in the thickest part. If it flakes, then it is cooked and good to eat.
What to Serve with Baked Salmon
You can also try my other salmon recipes, Orange and Soy Salmon.
- 1lb salmon, cut into 2 – 3 pieces
- 1lb asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F (220C).
- Pat dry salmon with kitchen paper towel and transfer to a large sheet of aluminum foil. Place asparagus next to fish and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and olive oil. Add marinade to the salmon and asparagus. Coat well. Place a lemon wedge on top, fold and wrap the foil tightly and bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Unwrap salmon and asparagus, garnish with chopped parsley (or any herb of your preference) and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
— DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? —
Tag @gusscooks on Instagram