This Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce recipe is completely vegan and very easy to prepare. It is the perfect side dish to have garnished with Pomegranate and flaky sea salt.
Fried cauliflower is one of the many super delicious staple Lebanese side dishes, often served with Tahini Sauce and fresh lemon juice. It is part of the traditional Mezze spread that includes Hummus, Tabbouleh, Baba Ganoush and many other delicacies.
We usually have cauliflower as a side dish or appetizer before our main course and my kids like it as a quick on–the–go lunch wrap with pita bread.
This is a dish that you will definitely be cooking often.
This recipe calls for 2 cauliflower heads, vegetable oil, chopped parsley, pomegranate arils and Tahini Sauce. You will also need salt and cumin for seasoning.
How to fry Cauliflower
Start by separating the cauliflower into florets and then wash under running water. Spread on kitchen paper towel to dry up.
In a frying pot, heat vegetable or canola oil to 350F and deep fry the florets on medium-high heat in small batches until they become soft and golden brown in color. This takes around 10 – 12 minutes.
Remove from the oil and spread on kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
Arrange the cauliflower in a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and cumin. Drizzle Tahini Sauce on top and garnish with chopped parsley and pomegranate arils.
For a healthier alternative you can bake the cauliflower in the oven.
Arrange the florets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a 400F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until they become soft and golden brown in color. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and cumin.
What to Serve with Cauliflower and Tahini
I suggest you have the cauliflower with freshly baked pita bread. You can also substitute the Tahini sauce all together and drizzles some fresh lemon juice instead.
Try having fried cauliflower with Tabbouleh and Baba Ganoush sides.
- 2 cauliflower heads, medium, separated into florets
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Tahini Sauce
- Parsley, chopped, for garnishing
- Pomegranate arils, for garnishing
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and wash under running water. Spread on paper towel to dry up.
- In a frying pot, heat oil to 350F and deep fry the florets in small batches until they become soft golden brown in color, around 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from the oil and spread on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a serving dish. Sprinkle with salt and cumin. Drizzle with Tahini sauce and garnish with parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 9gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g